Tuesday, November 24, 2009

26/11 - one year after mumbai terror attacks

r
Today is eve of 26/11. Last year, 26/11/2008 as the drakness of night this beautiful city, Mumbai was attacked by 10 terrorists who killed at will. Some brave men came forward and put their lives on the line, without asking questions, pointing fingers or saying a word. They came forward for you and me. So that you and I can still fell the breeze in our face, enjoy a cup of coffee and laugh and sing as if there is no tomorrow. This blog, is a tribute to those brave souls and an attempt to keep the memory of that day alive. For a better tomorrow, so that we will not forget to our war. A war to clean this nation of the rot that is eating into the system. A rot that is making you and me complacent and most importantly a war to make this nation more and more prosperous one.

I have written a lot about a lot of things in my last one year, when I have posted every week in and out about a lot of things. Today I am gonna just talk about one or two articles Times of India and The Hindu , revolving around the 26/11 martyrs.


The first article is about what Kavita Karkare and Vinita Kamte have said in the last few days. The bullet proof jacket that Hemant Karkare was wearing went missing under unknown circumstances. Well, some (including me) believe that somebody is being protected here. Otherwise there is no need for it to go missing. Secondly, Home Minister Of India says "Sorry" to the martyr's wife for this. Just a sorry after he gave his life to save our asses! I believe, the state and Union home ministers should take it upon themselves to find the same and if they fail, then resign. If you can't find a jacket how will you find our security blanket?


Ashok Kamte's wife Vinita Kamte has gone to the extent of writing a book (Book's name is 'To The Last Bullet')about the unanswered questions surrounding her husband's murder. We know that Ashok Kamte was a man with iron balls. He once arrested a rowdy MLA on the street infront of glaring cameras and flash lights. This man has cleaned up a lot for us. A bold man's bold wife has put out some tough questions. Its a duty of you and me to help her find the answer. By the way, when somebody writes a book and asks some valid pointers can we investigate this? Can the courts take a suo-moto. The allegations are not simple, the event ain't simple and the person who is saying this is a martyr's wife. Don't we owe her at least that much respect?

As my strong support for her, I would be honoured to post some of the questions that she is asking.
1) Rakesh Maria (joint CP, crime) feign ignorance to then police chief Hasan Gafoor about ATS chief Hemant Karkare’s location at 00.56 am when the call log clearly indicated that he was at the Cama rear gate at 11.24 pm and the fact that he and Ashok were injured?’’

2) “Why did Maria deny calling Ashok to Cama despite the wireless log showing this?’’
3) “A police Jeep passed by the three vehicles with injured officers without stopping. They lay wounded for almost 40 minutes.”
4) “The control room did not send reinforcements despite Karkare’s orders.’’
5) “Where were the 200 cops that Mumbai police claimed to have sent to Cama hospital?’’

I would like you all to read this article from times of India about Tukaram Ombale's family

Daughter of slain assistant subinspector Tukaram Ombale, spoke at a school function on Tuesday.
She refused to accept the Rs 3 lakh cheque that students of the Jamsetjee Jeejebhoy Parsee Benevolent Institution had collected. “My father’s soul will not rest in peace if I accept this. He loved children, please use the money for their sake,’’ she said. Incidentally, the Ombales have never claimed any financial assistance, and have donated the money they get to poor and abandoned kids.


And a snippet from 'The Hindu' just prove a point that we still have Few Good Men Out There

For assistant police inspector Sanjay Govilkar, that was a night he does not wish to remember.

A bullet from Ajmal’s AK 47 grazed his waist and he was in hospital for a few days. It was Mr. Govilkar who stopped the policemen from beating up ‘Kasab’ as he lay there injured. All the adulation has not gone to his head.

“Success is the journey not the destination,” he says. “I did my duty that day and we all worked as a team.” He had just finished his duty when he went home and saw the breaking news on television.

“I was prepared for gangsters but I never imagined that we will confront terrorists directly one day,” recalls Mr. Govilkar, who was unarmed that night. “I always wanted to be a policeman and that day I was wearing my uniform, it gave me a unique courage.”

“I feel all this talk of ‘Kasab’ and our heroics is enough. We should go beyond this and learn to come together and live as Indians,” he concludes.



After
that last sentence he has left me with nothing to to say. I paid a bribe to a policeman once. I don't regret it now. I will never bribe a bureaucrat, but a policeman? Its a totally different thing. When duty calls, there will always be one of them to answer, and I will sleep through a good night.

I salute the brave men irrespective of whether they were from the NSG, Mumbai police or firemen. Who ever they were, they saved us. One word to the politicians and the bureaucrats and the lobbying IPS officers and intelligence teams. There is still time, change.

JAI HIND

2 comments:

  1. I fully agree with you man..........There is still time to change.......Jai Hind!!!

    Regards,
    Anon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Anon,

    Thanx for the support. Please help me spread the word!

    Cheers
    Paddy

    ReplyDelete