Friday, November 13, 2009

Children on this day

[I was dumb enough to think that i clicked on publish button after clicking save on the 14th and was thinking that this got posted! lol ]

Hiya,


Another week is fast gone, and today is childrens day, and the first anniversary of 26/11 is very close too. This is a great time for introspection on what kind of world our next generations are coming into or growing up in. I am not talking about just the terror attacks, the torture and trafficking. Even in the day to day life, the kind of pressure the young minds are put into in their day today life is huge. The class works, the home works, projects , vivas, karate lessons, music lessons,etc, etc. It some times seems that they are busy than us. They argument is of course, getting them ready for the competitive world. Are we not making the world even more competitive by this.


Most of the time I have seen, the project works, the drawing works etc., being done by the parents. I just went through the Google's doodles on 'my India'. I was really amazed at the thoughtfulness of the young kids and the explanation they have given for their doodles. I was amazed to the extent that I could not believe that it was done by these kids alone. It seems in most cases that there were involvement of adults at some point. Especially by the reasons given for many of the doodles. From my experience of unholy involvement of adults in the kids interests

I am not really surprised at the good work done by the kids. My point is this, should this unholy involvement be made? Is it fare to the kids? Is it fare to make it so difficult for them first of All? Is the pressure that the previous generation has put on the next increased the intolerance in the society as a progression?



No comments:

Post a Comment