Thursday, March 26, 2009

Theology of GREAT INDIAN ELECTIONS


The title says it all. When you really think what are the real issues of  election 2009 (i mean the issues raised by parties, and not all real issues) religion is an integral part. Like a steering to a car.

First of All, I had to go through some really scathing attacks from close friends and family for the last entry, looking a bit in favor of Varun Gandhi. So let me clear this once and for all. "I have no special love for Varun Gandhi or what he said(allegedly). I still contend that, it has to be proved since he is staking a claim that it is false. I believe that who ever says, what it is alleged that he has said, must be meted out the severest punishment. I have no respect for such people. EC has show double standards by not initiating action against other people."

 The congress i should frankly say is the strongest believer in caste based votes. The Manifesto has a whole range of freebies for people from particular sections of the society. Well, I am not against freebies. I am against the unnecessary inclusion of religion and caste in this. I sometimes feel even if BJP wants to move away from the hindutva agenda it can't, the other pseudo-secular parties will not let it. In fact, i feel the caste based divide and fear in minority groups is more a requirement of parties like congress, SP and BSP. The communist too call themselves secular. Damn, Karl Marx would be pleading to God that he does not wanna be born in India now. lol.

I read in some mainstream media website that the great Congress is gonna print CDs of varun's alleged anti sikh comments and distribute in Punjab. Does not that amount to "inciting communal hatred". Can somebody pass the mike to EC,please ? Also, BJP is not goody-goody when it comes to the communal card. They are very good at making proxy attacks, symbolic acts and using their proxies or parent bodies - RSS and the Sangh. Now that they have a number of monkey armies called Ram Sene, Bajrang Dal(literally...lol). Theology is an irrefutable part of Indian Politics.

I don't think any party understands the meaning of secularism. I strongly feel that there should be a law that makes religion personal and out of bound for political and other social groups and arenas.

It is high time for us to decide the real meaning of secularism.

Well, I ddnt frgt the weekly post promise, i had written the draft last week but cdnt verify. hence posting the same with some apologies. One more draft is on the anvil

No comments:

Post a Comment