Friday, March 27, 2009

PM game!

PM Manmohan Singh would not be contesting the lok sabha polls. I think that would be strategical mistake . congress should use tag "PM candidate" and win a constituency. It would rather add to their numbers. The swing voters generally have the tendency to vote for somebody pitched to get a power position when compared to somebody else. So , almost all the constituencies must be wanting to have the PM from theirs.

Coming to Advani. I really don't think he deserves to be the Indian PM. I am not sure of his qulifications. Will he be able to put his ministers in order when in power. Many people at various point of time have clashed with Advani. The most remembered one though is that of Uma Bharati. The tug of war game with Rajnath Singh also would be interesting to watch. Also, the Advani for PM online campaign is really flop show. Half the youngsters i spoke with rather feel this to be funny. They say there is even a Advani blog, some of the guys wondered, if he really writes and if he does how much time he takes for a sentence typing.

Still, for prime minister's post, Indian PM- i have to choose between Advani and Manmohan . I would go for Advani. If it was for Finanace Ministry, my choice would have been totally opposite.

I have nothing against Manmohan Singh. I don't mind his being soft spoken, not coming out more etc etc and all the crap alleged by opposition. I personally respect Manmohan Singh. But its just that he is not good enough to do the job. The nuclear deal could have been negotiated better(especially with the comptroller statistic on hand), terror situation handling has been horrible.

One of the immediate causes that swinged my opinion against him was his speeh after the 26 November or famously dubbed 26/11 terror attacks. Borrowing words from Shoba De, who spoke on NDTV 24*7 that night. passion was an absolute miss. He did not inspire us. He did not console me. He did not even appeal to me. I was cursing myself that night for having such a prime minister as if ti was my fault(Well to an extent it is, rite?).

Actually my vote is not for Advani as PM, but it is against Manmohan as PM. I would rather choose Mayawati, than Advani or Manmohan. Atleast the monority groups will benifit from her. Though she may loot or collect gifts or what ever. At least somebody has benifit. Even Sharad Pawar for that matter.

Talking about the Advani Manmohan comparison. I rather liked one comment made by Advani. For a public debate.


(sorry that these days i am not investing that much amount of time for this blog. Its not becuase of lack of intrest, Its just that i have other promises to keep too. Still, evey week one entry will come for sure. )

26/11/2008 Mumbai. The unforgettable day.

No comments:

Post a Comment