Monday, August 24, 2009

I am sorry that I could not post for last two weeks. Its not that I forgot or missed. I had written the 2 blogs, one of which i thought was too small a post and the other was not verified. So the last two weeks posts are still pending. I will post them soon


Coming to our this week's to post, as expected I am going to talk about the Jaswant Singh's book on partition and the whole hoopla surrounding it. First of all, I would like to say that everybody has the right to express their opinion. Jaswant Singh did just that by saying that Jinnah is not the only person to be blamed here.

But on a deeper thought, why is it that we are reopening the wounds of partition unnecessarily? There is a school of thought that believes that this is a strategy from within BJP to project itself as nationalist and to hog the lime light by firing Jaswant Singh. But I would say that again that they are on the wrong side, since the current generation strongly believes in free speech.

If somebody is showing us a different point of view we should give him/her a chance. We are intelligent enough to decide if we do want to take that point of view or not.

If we are going to fight on each and every book written then we will never be able to overcome partition. If we don't we , we won't be able to prevent further attempts to break this nation.

Our martyrs will never forgive us if that happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment