Saturday, June 4, 2011

Ramlila Maidan ambush despicable

Wanted to restart this blog for sometime now, really sad that I gotta start with kind of topic. Today as I am writing this blog I am watching across a number of news channels the midnight ambush of the common citizens in Ramlila Maidan in New Delhi.

I do not know what is up between Baba Ramdev and Govt., don't know if there was any deal and going back on it. I am not really concerned with all that.  The only thing that I am concerned with is the police atrocity  that has happened over midnight at the ground. This totally not fair and the arguments from the govt site is just nonsense.

How can a democratically elected government run such a brutal attack in the very capital city.  I totally agree with Lokayukta of Karnataka Mr. Hegde when he says why wait till late night. If they wanted to crackdown why not in the evening or why could they not wait till the morning? Why is it that they needed to fire tear gas and lathi charge into women and children? Also, if the permission was granted to the event for only one day why the negotiated over 3 days and allowed people to gather all along?

I think PM himself should come out and answer a lot of questions. His ministers and his advisor have really lost credibility. He needs to come up with a face saving act?

BJP's answer to this whole event is even more condemnable.  In response to all this govt's excess they raised so many heavy sentences like comparing it to Jalianwala Bag and Emergency but act is too feeble. They are going to conduct a 24 hour sathyagraha in response to this. They could have literally done nothing rather. I would have had more respect for them then.


Irrespective of the motives of Baba Ramdev, the points he raised are very much valid. I think we need to respect that.


Lets hope some common sense will prevail and the govt will correct their actions.

No comments:

Post a Comment