Monday, June 1, 2009

Back in action

Well, the title goes for both me and congress. Bfr explaining that let me just say "Congratz Congress".

Well, about the title. I had made a promise to make a post in this blog every week at least once and for last few weeks I haven't kept it. It's not because I forgot or smtng. It was just a simple thought that , when the political storm is on high, there will be loads of people in the virtual world passing their both educated and not so educated comments. I just wanted to take a break in the meanwhile and just shut up. I believe that a a whisper to a silent audience is more powerful that a 100MW speaker to a boiling Mob. So i just waited so that everything settles down.

Leaving all those out. Lets come to the core. I have been heavily critical of congress like many other blogger and critics and all. But there is one difference between me and many of them. Just because congress won I aint gonna go singing glory songs for congress. I still have many apprehensions about congress rule and I still believe that PM Manmohan Singh is a weak PM. If you cant get the benefits of your hard work across to the people , you should be ready for that tag.

I find it difficult to disguise my doubts on how congress is going to handle National Security with their horrible track record. Many analysts say that Mumbai by electing all its MPs belonging to the UPA has trashed the BJP's claims on National Security. Thats not true. I believe MNS played a huge role. I believe that if MNS was not there in the picture it might have been a reverse sweep.

But one advantage of having congress back is with regard to the economy. There is no better party in this country right now who can handle economy better, even though Pranab Mukherjee is political choice. I believe that somebody more educated and well versed with the economy should have been given charge.

The PM has said that this govt has to perform and the people are watching them in his first cabinet speech. But let me categorically state "Congress has fumbled in the first step". It has made some poor choices when it comes to ministerial berths. I am very sad that Sashi Tharoor did not make it as External Affairs minister. PM said, talent and experience was the major criteria. Well it does not seem so. If it was, I cant think of any other person having more international good will than Sashi Tharoor in the current parliament. His vast experience with the UN is not being fully utilized. Also , A. Raja had come under serious criticism for squandering the opportunity with regard to the 3G auction. Still he is back. I feel, congress has not faced arm twisting by allies in a bold way. Congress could have said a blunt no to A. Raja and DMK would not have been able to do a damn thing about it. If it does, it would have to sit out of power for next 5 years as there are a lot of parties outside the congress Gate to offer support. Also , no party would have the balls to go to a second Round General Elections. The Good Will for congress would alone have routed them all. The choice of the new speaker also seems to be more of a Photo-op rather than an educated selection. Of course, congress is well known for Photo-ops.

As far as the swan song singers for Rahul Gandhi is concerned all i gotta say to them is "Shame on You'. I have read some really critical statements about Rahul Gandhi and some real praises for Priyanka before elections. 80% have turned around to sing for Rahul. If the so called Rahul's strategy in U P, had back fired I just can't think of what comments would have come out on him. I still believe Rahul Gandhi has a long way to go before taking up a ministerial position and a lot to learn. I hope he learns that real India is not just a cow shed but also the jam packed Mumbai local and Delhi's fast track blue line buses.

Anyway, I wish the very best to congress and our country. The people have given a strong mandate to the Congress and a strong warning to divisive forces and Regional Parties. I really hope that congress would shun its pseudo-secularism and be really secular in all aspects of the Indian Government. Also, I hope they give due Importance to national security and not put a old man with a turban on T.V. to say "We wont bend our back to these attacks" without even a blink(few more blasts and we won't have a back to bend). I hope that they are able to revive the economy faster than expected with some quality and bold decisions keeping all its citizens aspirations in mind.

Hope a 26/11/2008 never happens again.


JAI HIND

No comments:

Post a Comment