Monday, December 1, 2008

Mumbai Carnage (part 1)

Well, my first blog is here

Well, my first blog is here. Would have really loved to start off with something brighter but lets just say the time has forced my hand to start of with a much sadder note. After all being a mumbaiker cldn’t just turn a blind eye to what my beautiful city has had to go through again. Well I will also join the chorus to say “THIS IS THE LIMIT”. Bu I would like to differ at a many a good no: of points.

From a Carnage to a Circus

Let me confess. I committed a lot of murders in last few days. And my victims, our soft spoken PM , L K Advani, Modi and Deshmukh at least 10 times each (while I was in the toilet, while hitting the sack at nite, or while traveling in the Mumbai localllll). I am sorry but I think I can now write a new blog on “how to kill politicos”..lol. But the politicos never stop to amaze me, “Bade Bade shehro mein aise ek haath hadse ho jathe hai”….. wat a comment… Well that comment would have made the LeT feel as if they hvnt even been able to say “booooo” to the indian politicans. Wat a reply? And I applaud Mr. Deshmukh for his great ideas even in the face of adversity. After the great indian innovations of religious tourism and medical tourism here he presents a grand idea called “Terorrist Tourism”. He could start letting people go into Taj to take a peak after paying a ticket of 10 or 20 bucks. Well what a way to show respect to your able officers. But BJP nevers shy’s away from competition. If congress makes a blunder they will not be far behind. Mr Naqvi is the great leader of BJP who is now going to decide who can offer condolences and prayer meetings and who cannot. May be BJP should try adding that to their election manifesto, that they would enact a law not letting reporters with lipstick cover terror situations or westernized girls to offer condolences. Well thanks but no thanks, I would rather prefer the shariah law.


Hey BTW, I just forgot to ask, where is Laloojii, Mulayamji and Paswanji. Neither did I hear from Sir Chandrababu Naidu or the great Communists (whether they be L M N O P or Q or even be without a Q). Lalooji can think of taking a leaf out of Deshmukhji’s book … he can make more profit for railways by running train via Jaipur, Ahmadabad, Surat, Mumbai, Hyderabad. May be even extent it to kannur in kerala. The Home ground of SIMI. Marthi Manoos Raj Thackerayji… now u can come out of ur house, some Maharashtrians , south Indians and north Indians together have killed the terrorists 3 days back so that u can safely pursue ur holy war. Let the circus begin. I am sorry to say this but MNS guyz,,,, ur Raj Thackrey is not half the maharashtrian Hemant Karkare or Vijay Salaskar turned out to be. Jai Maharashtra( with full repsect and a feeling that I too am a maharashtrian… may be born a south indian..But I live here… this is my home and I like maharashtra as much as I like my mother…).


Well, why blame the politicos alone, even the media was not far behind.And by writing the next few lines I am gonna ensure that no media house is gonna read my blog any more. Well at least not NDTV and Mumbai Mirror. What I am talking about? Well Barkha Dutt screwed up big time while otherwise meticolous coverage of this carnage by NDTV. Well she was standing at the door steps of Taj on the Saturday morning when NSG had just done taking care of all the terrorists ( I hope the took good care ) and shouted up to the NSG guy on the first floor who was looking out of the window “Any more terrorists”. I just blurted out “Sweatheart, do u think NSG is drunk to let u so close with a terrorist alive?”. Well my second fav statement was a whole article from Mumbai Mirror. The article carried how smartian a paper it was by not carrying messages of various B list stars and wanna be starlets. Lemme just ask.. What are you guyz then doing now by writing four columns on these stars and their PR people? Look who is crying foul at others trying to take mileage out of situations. Anyway Times Now, CNN-IBN , Headline Today had their share of blunders, with one of these channels saying ( I think CNN… not sure) saying that they had warned abt sea routes almost a year back.


Let me be frank here the media is though lesser but still a culprit. Wat do they do once they have broadcasted these stings and operations? How many times do they back up, revisit and update ppl on the status? They make as much money as possible with the initial hue and cry and then just let it go. We need a strong media to build a strong nation. Not a media that just sensationalizes news but ensures that the common man does not forget it. A media that loads his guns as the common man fights his wars. Asks the right questions to the right ppl and more importantly repeat the question till an acceptable answer is received.


The Indian media I am very sad to say is not mature enough to self censor and self direct (I still remember the images of a police officer begging a reporter not to go into the hotel behind the terrorists folding his hands and shouting “Please, Please…..”). I some times fear that Indian media will try to broadcast live the rape of a girl than try to stop it. That too is rape. A rape of morality of us viewers, a kind of thinking that pen is supreme that sword. Its strong but not supreme I should remind my friends in the media. Though after saying all this, I should say that they were far better in covering this carnage than previous times.



Well, my first blog is here

Well I just wanted to write a few good ideas on how to deal with the current situation and how to fight this war… Not the “War on Terror”… But an internal war….a war for security, accountability, focus, use of technology and most importantly a better leadership. But all this bashing just took up al the space.. So please wait for my next blog. I am not asking for a fan following or smtng. Just ready my blog. Sleep over it and use any idea that I give if u can…..and fcrse gimme some that I can use (other than the idea of “Stop bloggin”…lol). Looking fwd to some good encouragement.

(plz frgv me for the spelling and grammatical mistakes...never was good with them)

2 comments:

  1. Well, you see, this is the first comment for your first article or rather a blog. I liked reading it and agree with you've written. Of course the the media should also be more responsible (along with politicians). You said it rightly, they only broadcast a news until it is fresh and do not follow up the concerned people after the news gets old. I hope the media people read your blog and rather than finding faults with what you have said they take some lessons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi dear,

    an excellent first time blog..really a good lesson for politicians n media.. me 2 at times think dat the media reveals almost everything in open..might be at some moment of time even expose the strategy by mistake to the external forces..

    keep going..puks

    ReplyDelete